Saturday, November 24, 2007

Supra Ventricular Tachycardia

All I can say is that it sucks! We were having Thanksgiving dinner with Woody and their family and it happened again. One bite of Pecan pie and bam! As you all know Woody lives with Dad way out in Lucerne Valley so we knew the nearest hospital would be about 45 minutes away. We decided to stop at the local San Bernardino County Fire Station to see if they had a paramedic on duty. Yeah they did! So they hooked me up and converted me right at the station and then off we went to the hospital.

While in transport I asked the paramedic if he knew David Bonney and he did so we chatted for awhile about Fire Departments. Upon arrival at the hospital the doctor who first saw me congratulated the paramedics for a good conversion in the field, The paramedic replied it was easy when the patient diagnosed the problem and knew the med and dosage to convert it.

Then to my embarassment I found out that they had contacted David's chief, who then contacted Davids captain, who then contacted Davids strike team to inform him that I was taken to the hospital in Apple Valley and had to be cardio-converted enroute. ( that means that they had to shock me with the paddles to bring me back into rhythum) All of a sudden his whole engine shows up. Then his Battalion Chief shows up. I've never had so much attention! Unfortunately, David was released from the strike team and told to stay with me. Poor David lost about two thousand dollars in overtime. Sorry Dave and Melissa.

Well as the story goes I'm fine and home again. I'll never name drop in the ambulance again and since they still say this could happen again at any time I don't think my friends will invite me to very many holiday parties anymore.

But I'm OK.........

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I am glad you are OK mom. I love you.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Glad to hear that everything worked out. At least you got to eat dinner before going to the hospital. :)

10:22 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

We are glad that you are ok. It was pretty scary. Dave called me asking me what was going on, and I had no idea.

Can your doctor do something to prevent this from happening again? It can't be any fun for you either.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home