Sunday, September 03, 2006

A Little Less Thumb

I guess me and knives just don't go together. I spent the morning in the emergency room.
Last night I was trying to cut up chicken for dinner and oops...... I cut off the pad on the end of my left thumb and had a deep laceration. Being the good EMT'S that we are, I applied direct pressure and elevated it until the bleeding stopped. We cleaned it and bandaged it up. Jim found the piece of my finger that had been cut off and asked if I thought it could be sewn back on. No, it was too little. Things were fine until I tried to change the bandage this morning and it was stuck to the wound. I had to unstick the bandage and we couldn't get it to stop bleeding. So, off to the emergency room we went. Soon after, the bleeding was stopped and I looked like a dork with a huge bandage which seemed to cover my entire thumb and half way up my arm. Everyone said I would have no problem hitch-hiking. haha
Jim has threatened to never let me use his knives again, no problem, we all know how much I like to cook! Besides, I have been pretty pampered today, no cooking, no dishes, and Jim had to shampoo my hair for me.......
Oh well, it's feeling much better and honestly, it wasn't that bad, just a tiny piece. It'll be as good as new in a couple of weeks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Sheesh, always losing pieces of your finger.

I remember going with you to the emergency room when you tried to cut off part of your finger back when you lived in Brea. At least they were able to stitch it together that time.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Nice Mom, but I wanted to see a picture without the bandage! Blood and guts.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Sue,
I don't mind comments on my blog at all. In fact I love them. feel free to comment anytime.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

OUCH! That must have hurt...should we start calling you thumbs now? ha ha :)

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home