Friday, July 13, 2007

Building Bird feeders

Caiden came to stay with us for a few days so I tried something new!
We decided to invite Rachael over to do a craft and make bird feeders!
What fun! Here we are ready to go!

We worked hard spreading each pine cone with peanut butter. Then we rolled it in a bowl of unshelled sunflower seeds.


I think in the end they both ended up just eating the peanut butter........ I think next time I try this craft they should be about 5 or 6 years old.

We hung our bird feeders up in the trees for the birds but none landed to eat it. Then we spied one acrobatic squirrel hanging upside down chowing down on one of the pine cones. The squirrels love them, I hung them lower so that they could reach them from the ground and they are now almost gone. Even the chipmunks steal some seeds here and there.

What a great day, friends and fun.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger butterflydreams said...

what a cute idea... looks like the kids had a ball

8:26 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

That does sound like a great idea. Very fun and nice that Rachael could join you.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

How fun. I think I would have also eaten the peanut butter. That's good stuff. :)

9:51 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

such cute pictures. Caiden had a LOT of fun, and he LOVES to eat peanut butter.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home