Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Trip to the Cardiologist

Today Jim had an appointment with the cardiologist.  It was incredible!  I got to go in with him while he had a stress echo done of his heart.  When he had his heart attack about six years ago  there was a little damage to his heart so he has this test almost every year.
First let me tell you that he is doing great!  His heart is very strong and healthy and they have started to decrease all the meds that he takes.  The doctor says that the tests were incredible.
I was amazed watching the tests.  It is an ultra sound like when you are pregnant.  I was able to see his heart and all the valves and walls inside and out. They measure the heart walls and valves and amount of blood flow.  It was incredible.  Last year when I had the same test I couldn't see the screen or ask questions about what was going on. So this was awesome!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

That does sound pretty interesting. I am glad that Jim is healthy and that he will be around for a long time.

We already knew he had a good heart :P After all he is great with his grandkids :)

12:10 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

That is really cool. Too bad they didn't give you any pictures like when you go for a baby's ultrasound. :)

I'm glad to hear he's going well!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

That does sound really neat. I would have liked to have seen it. And I am glad that he is doing so good.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home